Sharing is caring! On the topic of my Classic World of Darkness collection

I'm a huge fan of the White Wolf's Classic World of Darkness. I love the lore, I love the characters and I love the overgrown metaplot. Since I have a few fan-made addons for CWoD laying on my HD, I've decided to share them with a wider world.

Of all my RPG collections, this one is certainly the smallest of all. It's hard to find any, remaining old World of Darkness fansites, those from the really old day. Many of them Geocities-based and many other were closed, due to legal reasons, even if not all of the materials that were available on them, were illegal. I guess it's not completely true what people say about the internet - things tend to disappear from it. I, however, intend to save as many of them, as possible. Well... at least those, related to the hobby, anyway.

This girl is having as much fun, as I am, every time I'm reading a CWoD book
Anyway, with some help from the people on Old (Classic) World of Darkness fanpage on Facebook (which I thoroughly recommend, by the way) and after some intense searching by yours truly, I've came up with a small collection of fan-made Classic World of Darkness material. I hope that you'll find them to your liking.


As usual, none of this stuff has been made by me and credits go to all of the respective authors. Once again, I'm only posting 100% FAN-MADE goodies, no official White Wolf stuff. If, by some chance, any author of said addons would find this collection and decide that he or she doesn't want to see their work, being included in such a way in it, please contact me and I will immediately take it down.

As I've said before - the Classic World of Darkness may very well be my favorite RPG of all time. I love that it takes place in our world, and yet is full of supernatural mysteries, secret cults, monsters being present within our societies and horrors, that are lurking in every shadow and, sometimes, almost in plain sight of the ignorant masses. There is no other game that tends to work on my imagination in a way that the World of Darkness does. As I've mentioned in one of my earlier posts: I will never be able to run out of ideas for CWoD chronicles. Never. All it takes is a simple walk in the city and voila! - 10, maybe 20 new ideas for my games, based on the locations that I've passed by or went into.

That's why this game is so good. It mixes the known with the fantastic, the ordinary with the uncanny, the everyday, boring life-stuff with supernatural horror. It does all of those things and it does them better than any, other role-playing system. It is truly, a marvel amongst RPG's and I will never stop loving it for its fantastic and unique style.

If a bit creepy, sometimes... Still, that's the point of this whole setting!
Until next time!

Xathrodox86

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times: what went wrong? - part 2. Swearing intensifies

Xathrodox86 reviews: "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" (don't play this game!)

Heroes of the elven hosts. The final part of "End Times: Khaine" review is here!