A quick update on what is going on. Also – some major life changes incoming!

As I'm waiting for a certain interview to be finally finalized, I've decided to make a quick sit rep of what is currently going on with my RPG-related activities.

There's is quite going on! A lot, in fact. My IRL weekly Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay group is going strong, as we plow through the classic tale of "The Enemy Within". This is our last foray into the 2nd edition of WFRP, as the 4th is just so much better in almost every way possible (great job Cubicle 7!). Still, the wacky humor, the shenanigans, the sense of mild paranoia and secrecy - these are the hallmarks of our playstyle, and they truly make for some excellent experience. The gang is currently visiting Bogenhafen during the infamous Shaffenfest, and they've already left one of their own to tender mercies of the local Sigmarite clergy. Good times...

After all, they're known for the compassion and forgiving nature...
My biweekly Roll20 WFRP group from the States is having a hard time dealing with "The Thousand Thrones", although they're not stopping by any means. One of the PC's has a broken pelvis, and almost got his right knee removed by a crazy butcher's wife, wielding a cleaver. He now must walk by using a crutch, and he must hold it in his right (good) hand. The party halfling, the longest surviving member of the gang, is dying of a nasty stomach wound, and got his entire right arm removed at the shoulder by a chaos knight of Nurgle. Lukas, the party's biggest killer, now looks like Deadpool, after being engulfed by daemonic horse's acidic breath. Finally Vincent, the sombre knight of Morr, lost his eye to the villain's wicked blade. All of this, except for the broken pelvis, happened during a single session.

If you want to listen to our adventures, and have a major laugh (seriously, the humor is one of the best things about these games), then you can visit my YouTube channel which can be found here.

Now the gang is locked up in a abandoned coaching inn, deep in the Drakwald. It's the dead of night, a bunch of mutants just barged through the door, but at least they're friendly. However the entire beastmen warherd that's closing down on the inn is not so friendy. At least they can count on the fat priest of Sigmar and his three cowardly lackies for asistance...

Now we move onto my monthly Swedish Delta Green Roll20 group. These guys are awesome. I mean: guys and a gal. They're all excellent, and it's a nice change of style, pace and atmosphere, being able to plunge into the otherworldy horror of the Mythos. So far one of them, an agent with multiple cover identites and a light trigger finger is proving to be a sort of loose cannon, but the others are trying to rein him in. After finishing two operations in New York City they're now travelling to Miami, to face some chilling reception from a band of nasty Wendigos'. Who said that Florida must be hot and humid?

Especially with these guys running around! (original artwork by MorkarDFC)
Also we are thinking of turning our session recordings into a podcast. More info on that soon. Meanwhile you can listen to the first op here.

Finally the guys from my Horus Heresy league are enquiring me to run them a few Vampire: The Masquerade scenarios, one each month. I'm not big on V:TM, in fact I consider it one of the weaker CWoD splats, but I do like these chaps a lot, so I might relent. It would probably be a short game - 2-3 sessions max, as A) I don't have THAT much time, and B) it's Vampire, so... I don't know. I'll need to check if I'll be able to fit everything together and make it work, especially because...

I'm getting married this October. Yeah, last year I've proposed to my girlfriend, and she said yes. So this year we're travelling to her home country of Armenia to tie the knot. I don't need to tell you how excited I am. It will be a whole new chapter in my life, and I'm so happy to share it with my favorite person in the world.

Anyway, that was a quick run-down of what I'm currently up to. Things are going well, more than well in fact. Me getting married, the blog being discovered by more and more people every day, my Twitter account almost reching 700 with me tweeting only about WFRP and Delta Green (no D&D, which is all the rage on Twitter), and many other fantastic things currently happening in my life, are what's giving me joy and hope for a better tommorow. Thanks for being part of this journey people. I would not have made it without you.

I also have a couple surprises for you this year, but for now they're, well, surprises. So shhhh...

Until next time!

Xathrodox86

Comments

  1. Woah! That's a lot of great news! Good to see you on wave all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I'm not stopping. From reading your blog you're not as well! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times: what went wrong? - part 2. Swearing intensifies

Xathrodox86 reviews: "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" (don't play this game!)

Heroes of the elven hosts. The final part of "End Times: Khaine" review is here!