Dancing on the edge of a new life

A small upadte from me, as I'm getting ready for my flight to Armenia. In a few days from now I'll be starting a new chapter of my life.

In less than a week I'm getting married. Not gonna lie, I am stressed a bit, but also insanely happy. This will be a whole new experience, and I'm very, very glad to share it with the woman of my life. Life's good sometimes!

Given the importance of this event I wanted to also take stock of my hobby endeavors, and to thank a couple of people, without whom I would not be where I am today.

Artwork by Baron Von Klatz, whom I also wanted to thank for being a fantastic sport!
First of all I want to thank my beloved fiancee, Lia. You're the best that ever happened to me baby, never forget about that. I love you forever and a day.

I wanted to thank Marcin and Krzysiek for sticking with me for the last decade. Without you guys I would probably not remained in this fantastic hobby, and it's great to have you as my wingmen. I also wanted to thank Czarek and Mateusz, two new fantastic players in our group. You're making that "The Enemy Within" experience truly unique. I hope that you're ready to face the "Death on the Reik"!

I wanted to say "thanks" to Bryan, Sean, Andy and Jason, a bunch of fantastic players from the US of A, for 4+ years of travelling through the endless expanses of the Old World. Running a game for so long in a foreign language is a fantastic experience, and without you guys I'd never start interviewing people from the tabletop industry, not to mention learn a lot about the American culture!

I wanted to thank Martin, Jim and Johanna, a bunch of fantastic people from Sweden, for exploring the dark and twisted mysteries of H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. You're the best Delta Green team that a handler can ask for, and I can't wait to yet once again see you saving the whole world from the tentacles of some nameless horror... preferably with a lot of explosions!

To the boys from the Polish Horus Heresy league I wanted to say: thank you. Thanks for letting me into the club, for teaching me the rules, and for letting me enjoy this fantastic tabletop game, set during the grim and epic Age of Darkness. I can't wait for the Beta-Garmon mega battle. Titans galore!

Last but not least, I wanted to thank a bunch of people on Twitter and Facebook, who are full of passion, empathy and kindness. Huge thanks to Michael and Andreas for the late-night chats about Warhamer Fantasy Roleplay, as well as Matt and Liam for creating the fantastic Mud & Blood podcast, and inviting me last year for a chat about the history of Warhammer Fantasy, with the legendary Graeme Davis (whom I also wanted to thank for letting me interview him).
I also wanted to thank Paco, Tahina, Agent Pumpkin, Lee Carnell, WuTangPiglet, TJ Seer, Lee, johanngottliebfichte, glittersnicket, Crafty's Tabletop, John Blacktree, Benjamin, Yanko, Redemundin kilta, Mittenzee, and many, many others for being a truly fantastic bunch of people, and restoring my faith in humanity.

There are also many, many other people who deserve the words "thank you". as well. So I am saying just that: thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Even if you're not mentioned in this article, so you know... keep on being awesome!

I'll see you all soon, and in the meantime may Sigmar bless your endeavors. Until next time!

Xathrodox86

Comments

  1. Best wishes to you and your good lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hectorius. Thank you so much for the wishes!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Pete,I'm really glad that you like it. Hopefully you'll also like my other ones. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments!

Popular posts from this blog

The End Times: what went wrong? - part 2. Swearing intensifies

Xathrodox86 reviews: "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" (don't play this game!)

Heroes of the elven hosts. The final part of "End Times: Khaine" review is here!