The times of change are upon us. I'm moving to WordPress!

This was bound to happen sooner or later - I am moving from Blogspot to WordPress in a couple of days.

Yeah, no "normal" post this time, sorry. Lately I've decided that I'm done with Blogger. The platform was never that good to begin with. It had formating issues, the mobile app is a joke and lately they've cut the number of words in the search description. Especially that last change proved to be the main tipping point for me, as it hit my analitics very hard. I honestly don't know what kind of stuff people at Google are smoking, but it looks to me like they literally hate their premiere blogging platform and anyone who's using it.

Out with the old...

Back in 2014 I've decided to start using Blogger because it was convinient. I was able to control all of my social media platforms and accounts from one place, and for a time it proved to be a good decision. Unfortunately not anymore. The pitifully small ammount of tags that I can use for each post is just irritating, and sometimes when I've applied changes to a article, it messed the whole blog layout. As I've mentioned before, the Blogger mobile app is just... bad. It's useless really, as it has so few options available that it's not even funny.

Not to mention that I don't really own my blog in the first place. What the fuck, Google?

Choosing Blogger in the first place was a mistake and I plan to rectify that mistake as soon as possible. This week I'll move "It always rains in Nuln" to WordPress and I'll never look back. This platform was suggested to me by multiple people online, and it generally has a very solid opinion, so I think it's going to be a good choice in the end.

Oh and for the record - you were right, Andreas. I should've done this a long time ago.

Hopefully there won't be any problems and glitches, and my next post will be posted on the WordPress domain. The layout of the blog will almost certainly be different, but I will try to keep the current style as much as possible. I hope that WP has some cool widgets on offer. Another thing that I disliked a lot about Blogger, was that their selection of various addons and plugins was rather poor. Not to mention that Google removed some of them without any forewarning or a word of explanation...

So... that's it really. I'm sorry that this is just a boring PSA post, but I had to write it and inform you, my good readers, about the upcoming changes. I'm a creature of habit and so even though I dislike Blogger a lot, it will probably take some time for me to adjust myself to WordPress. Not to mention learning all of its mechanics and how-tos. However, in the end, I think that moving my blog to this new domain will be ultimately a good choice. Only time will tell, eh?

...in with the new!

Until next time!

Xathrodox86

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xathrodox86 reviews: "Mordheim: Warband Skirmish" (don't play this game!)

The End Times: what went wrong? - part 2. Swearing intensifies

Sharing is caring! On the topic of my WFRP collection